Subject: Re: [Leica] 15mm Heliar: Canadian dealer
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 07:58:59 -0600

No unfortunately they are not. Kindermann was working on a deal with the USA
distributors, even to the point of sending out price lists, when they got
wind that Cosina was talking to someone else about a Canadian
distributorship. They were able to stop the shipment of a ton of stuff at
the border. My dealer had a Bessa R from the new chaps for internal review
only but I got a chance to have a quick look. Nice little camera with a
great viewfinder but wow is it ever noisy! We carefully unscrewed the lens
and made sure they had not accidentally left the mirror mechanism in!! I
forget which distributor was working on a deal with Cosina but hopefully
soon we will know.

John Collier