Subject: RE: [Leica] Which wide angle lens should I get?
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 12:34:20 -0700

One thing to keep in mind is that the 21 and 24 are best used with an
external finder, while the 28 can be used with the regular finder on the M6.
I didn't think I'd like accessory finder for the 24, but instead found it
quite freeing.  There's no urge to refocus or fiddle with the exposure -
it's just you and the image.  True point and shoot.

As to focal length, you'll have to decide that on your own - too many of us
are happy with each of them for any kind of consensus advice on a "best wide
angle".  An awful lot of people are ecstatic with the 24, though.  I like
both the 24 and 28, but I can't use a 21 - I find it just too wide for way I
see.  Others think it's perfect, though.

The only rational solution is to buy one of each, shoot for a year, and by
then you'll know which one(s) to sell...

Paul

Replies: Reply from chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson) (Re: [Leica] Which wide angle lens should I get?)
Reply from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] Which wide angle lens should I get?)