Subject: Re: [Leica] Which wide angle lens should I get?
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 16:30:45 -0700

Tina Manley wrote:
> the 21; therefore, I use the 24 much more than the 21.  I think my next
> wide angle will be the 15 and I will only use the finder then once I have
> set the exposure.  The depth of field is great enough that you don't really
> have to focus.  I just hate switching back and forth.<<<<<<<

Hi Tina,

When using the 15 Voigtlander I set exposure first, usually adjusting
shutter speed for correct exposure while leaving the aperture at 11 or
16 to maintain maximum depth of field and just let the picture magic
happen with no thought of focusing, only concentrating on the subject
and keeping the camera vertical and horizontally squared away.

The 15 is truly a fun lens on an M with the view finder as your guide, a
wonderful fun time P&S to take pictures.

At first I kept wanting to focus, but once you're over that, then it's
just plain old fashion blast away time! :-)

ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Message from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] Which wide angle lens should I get?)