Subject: [Leica] Re: 35mm bokeh sample images
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 22:37:26 -0400

2000-09-20-09:35:29 Andrew Moore:
> For your amusement, given the recent discussions about bokeh on the 35mm
> lenses, I dug up some samples of the 35/2 and 35/1.4 ASPH at maximum
> apertures.  I can see subtle differences.  What else is new? :)
>
> http://pubpages.unh.edu/~amm4/bokeh.html

Okay, here's an example of the 35/1.4 ASPH being, to my eye, a little
unpleasing:

  http://people.oven.com/jbm/temp-displays/bokeh/c3990719-28a%5bwhitpit%5d1410.jpeg

Look at the bookshelves in the background -- kinda jangly.  Even the
curved lamp stalk in the foreground at the upper left: not entirely
pleasing.

But still, what's by far my most-used 35mm lens?  That one.  It's
amaaazing snap at the point of focus when wide open, its useful speed,
its just plain all-around utility even in crappy lighting
conditions... well, you know the story.