Subject: RE: [Leica] Helping kids develop as photographers.... (like Laur a)
From: "Lee, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Lee@hrcc.on.ca>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 09:24:13 -0400

Duane wrote:

Yesterday she made a camera out of two empty toilet-paper rolls..... and
then she asked me to put film in the camera....... when I pretended to load
it with film  she said "no daddy... not pretend film.... real film".

So... she's probably ready...... But I'm afraid that she will take the whole
roll in a few minutes like she sees daddy do when he's working...  And since
she doesn't have an allowance to spend on film yet.... we'll probably let
her wait a little longer...

My daughter (5) has a Yashica T4, before that she had a LeClic P&S ($12 at
TOys R Us).  On special occassions she gets to use real film and have in
printed, but we have one roll of special film that gets used over and over
again, never to be developed.  When a roll is finished, I  use this special
metal thing (name and source forgotten) that slides into a film cassette and
pulls the leader out.  PRESTO "new film!". No complaints so far.

Jonathan Lee