Subject: [Leica] More flash questions!
From: "Mike Nicholls" <mikenic@cyberone.com.au>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 22:13:57 +1000

Dans un courrier daté du 22/09/00 04:09:36 Paris, Madrid (heure d'été),
howard.390@osu.edu a écrit :

<< Ok, thanks to all who've responded to my flash questions.  I shall
 experiment with light tents, reflectors, and diffusor material.  I'll
 summarize what I find (if I find anything... ;)

 M.

 --
 Martin Howard                     | iCon          iDole       iRate
 Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | iDeal         iDull       iMage

Hi Martin
I used to do cel animation (on an animation stand). To prevent reflections
on the glass platen, I used a polarising filter on the animation camera lens
and polarised the two vertical 45 degree light sources with polaroid sheets.
The polarising sheets must be oriented so that they both provide light on
one similar axis. The reflections on the "subject" can then be dialled in or
out by rotating your lens polarising filter. This is so effective that you
can make a chrome spanner, being almost pure reflection, turn black. In your
case, you can dial out as much of the reflective surfaces on the camera gear
as you require.

As I recall, the polarising sheet was the same material used in Polaroid
sunglasses.

Just another idea for your "list".

Mike Nicholls  *Indecision is the key to flexibility*
mikenic@cyberone.com.au