Subject: [Leica] no celebrity content
From: "Dave Fisher" <tekapo@golden.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 15:00:09 -0400

Greets all,

I have been away for a week and just returned to a fistful of emails from
LUGgers complimenting me, critiquing images, and asking some general
questions about the website update <http://home.golden.net/~tekapo> I
announced last week. To those who took the time to check it out, thank you.
To those that liked the work, I heartily commend you. Some more recent work
will be up in the next few weeks, and I'll do another brief announcement
then as well.

Now, I've been asked repeatedly what body/lens/film combo I use. I suspect
the questions are mainly about the most recent work. Answer: M6 with 35
summicron and occasionally a 90 elmarit. The film is Tri-X exposed at 400.
There's a sequence of photographs in the Gaspe series that were taken at
dusk with the M6 + 35mm summicron + Tri-X@400 combo that were handheld for
exposures running from 1/2 sec up to 2 full seconds (the driftwood skeleton
shot). Obviously not recommended (some have told me I should get a tripod,
hehe), but you take the photo when you're inspired and it's right there in
front of you, 'know what I mean. Some of these images will be edited out
soon, so see 'em while ya gots the chance!

Cheers, Dave