Subject: [Leica] 0-Series & Japanese Sex Dolls (reiterated)
From: MGMcGough@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 00:06:27 EDT

   Adrian etal -  Actually the Wetzlar Leitz Acadamie did once require
   the senior students to make & assemble by hand a replica of either
   the UR or the null series camera in order to graduate.  Many of these
   have been on the open market for years and were sold for between
   $1,000 & $2,000 each.  I personally own about 6 Leica IA cameras
   that were made in 1927 to 1932.  Jeremy Kime can vouch for that
   since he has seen part of my collection that I have been actually taking
   pictures with for many years.  I have  separate range finders but enjoy
   judging the distance myself.  There also have been quite a few working
   and non-working replicas that were made in Italy & show up on eBay
   ever so often.  I once owned a Los Angeles made fiberglass bodied
   1956 Porsche 356a Speedster with a VW engine that was fun to drive
   for a while.

   One thing for sure about Email is that there will always be people who
   have their own interpretations of what you write & not what you meant.

   Mary Grace