Subject: Re: [Leica] 0-Series & Japanese Sex Dolls (reiterated)
From: apbbeijing <apbbeijing@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 23:12:29 +0800

on 24/9/00 12:06 PM, MGMcGough@aol.com at MGMcGough@aol.com wrote:

> One thing for sure about Email is that there will always be people who
> have their own interpretations of what you write & not what you meant.

True enough Mary but in your original message there was a perhaps careless
and unintended slur on a whole people that I felt was not something to let
pass without remark. I was not alone in this observation. Your reiteration
would seem to indicate BTW that your initial question was rhetorical: again,
hardly evident in the words you chose. Whatever, lets move on please.

Meanwhile, back to the main subject: would you not be interested to see how
well the folks in Solms can take up the challenge they set themselves to
recreate part of the glory that was Leitz? With your experience shooting
with early Leicas are you not at all tempted to see if Solms can recreate or
even improve upon the quality and beauty of the early products? Or to see
what a bit of modern coating technology does to a classic lens?  Or can they
still make a metal frame counter mechanism that works? I hope someone on the
LUG will report on these issues in due course because it interests me -
though not enough to pay $2500, I confess.

Best regards

Adrian

- --
Adrian Bradshaw