Subject: Re: [Leica] teleconverter for SL
From: telyt560@cswebmail.com
Date: 24 Sep 2000 05:43:50 -0700

On Sat, 23 September 2000, Damian Dlugolecki wrote:

> Doug,  Thanks for the information, speculative and non-speculative.  I
> think it should be simpler to find an actual 11237 rather than modify a
> 11236 r teleconverter.
>
> The macro unit you refer to I am not familiar with.  I just purchased a
> 180mm
> f2.8 R-Elmarit, the pre-apo version.  It will focus down to 1.8M I
> believe.
> Is there an adapter I can use to get closer?
>
> I figure if anyone would know, you would.
>
> Thanks
> DD

Damien,

You can use the 3-part extension rings, which provide extension of 25mm or 50mm, with stop-down metering and aperture pre-release, or the 30mm 14256 Macro-Adapter-R, modified as I mentined in the previous post.  The modification is really simple; just remove the R-only bayonet (6 screws) and replace with SL bayonet.  I got my SL bayonet from an old 1:1 extension tube (14198?) made to work with the 60mm macro lens.  The bayonet flange can also be ordered from Leica USA (and, I presume, from other Leica distributors in other countries).  After modification it can still be used with R-bodies with no change in function.

What I like about the 14256 is it retains the auto-aperture function.  With an R camera I have full-aperture metering, too.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
Visit the Northwestern Alumni Association portal
page at http://www.nualumni.com  to get free
web-based e-mail and many other exciting features.

Replies: Reply from Damian Dlugolecki <damian@teleport.com> (Re: [Leica] teleconverter for SL)