Subject: Re: [Leica] teleconverter for SL
From: telyt560@cswebmail.com
Date: 23 Sep 2000 18:31:11 -0700

On Sat, 23 September 2000, Damian Dlugolecki wrote:

> Have any SL users out there seen an actual 11237 2X teleconverter for SL
> & SL2?  There is supposed to be such a thing but I have not seen one
> advertised
> anywhere.
> Damian
> --
> http://www.teleport.com/~damian/strings.htm

Yep, saw one here in Sacramento a few months back, at Pardee's.  A friend of mine used to have one ...  not a real common item.

WARNING: PURE SPECULATION TO FOLLOW
if USING a leica 2x teleconverter with an SL is the issue, look in to getting the camera-end bayonet of an R-only teleconverter changed to an SL bayonet.  You'd have to use stop-down metering if this can be done.  The critical question is whether any lens elements protrude too far in to the mirror box.

END SPECULATION MODE
I did this to my 14256 macro-adapter-r.  Why Leica didn't make it SL-compatible and tell everyone "use stop-down metering with Leicaflex cameras" is beyond me.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
Visit the Northwestern Alumni Association portal
page at http://www.nualumni.com  to get free
web-based e-mail and many other exciting features.

Replies: Reply from Damian Dlugolecki <damian@teleport.com> (Re: [Leica] teleconverter for SL)
Reply from Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com> (Re: [Leica] teleconverter for SL)