Subject: Re: [Leica] Visiting Sydney with Leica
From: Kevin Leong <kevinl@ind.tansu.com.au>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 19:53:58 +1100

Terence and Patricia wrote:

> my wife and I will be visiting Sydney from Oct 15 to 20, sometime after the
> Olympic Games. This will be the first time we are there and I was wondering
> if any LUGger could recommend things for us (2 thirty-somethings) to see or
> do.

One of the best half-day activities in Sydney is the Sydney Harbour National
Park walk. Leaving Circular Quay in the early afternoon, take a bus to the Spit
Bridge in Mosman - the walk starts a short walk from there and continues along
the coast, passing through numerous lookouts, small beaches, rocky outcrops and
cliffs. After a couple of hours, you reach Manly, the end of the walk - it's
one of the big beaches North of the bridge where you can have a wander before
taking a ferry back to Circular Quay, passing the Opera House and the bridge on
the water, close to sunset. It's just fantastic! However, don't let too many
locals know about it. :-)

P.S. You didn't indicate any preferences for activities (or types of
photography) but if you can be a little more specific (e.g.
comatose/relaxed/active/strenuous/masochistic), I can probably let you know
more... :-)

- --
    Kevin Leong
    Telstra Future e-Development
    Phone: +61-2-9206-3474  Fax: +61-2-9281-1301
    TFN: 3453-7577-2424