Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica Users digest V18 #39
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 13:45:11 -0400

> I can't say for the Leica but I have a couple of Olympus OM2
> cameras that are
> about 20 years old, using an even more complex system than the
> Leica, that
> are right on the money. When it's off the film metering system was
> introduced, Olympus did a series of tests that showed that even wide
> differences in film surface coloration made little difference in exposure
> determining reflectivity.
>
> LarryZ

No kidding - given all the various surfaces people suggest using to get an
18% gray reading, it must be possible to have a WIDE variation in surface
coloration before you get a significant exposure difference....

B. D.

Replies: Reply from Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net> (Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V18 #39)