Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V18 #39
From: LRZeitlin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 13:29:37 EDT

In a message dated 9/26/00 7:06:45 AM,
owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us writes:

<< I have been wondering about the longevity of metered Ms for
awhile. Specifically, is there any indication that the colour of the
white curtain dot won't change with age to something yellowish
or off white? That would throw off the meter for sure.
Javier >>

I can't say for the Leica but I have a couple of Olympus OM2 cameras that are
about 20 years old, using an even more complex system than the Leica, that
are right on the money. When it's off the film metering system was
introduced, Olympus did a series of tests that showed that even wide
differences in film surface coloration made little difference in exposure
determining reflectivity.

LarryZ