Subject: Re: [Leica] Suzy Q, again
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 18:55:18 EDT

In a message dated 9/26/00 5:10:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com writes:

<< "There is an agression implicit in every use of the Camera."

 That thought echoes Mackinnon and Dworkin's assertion that "every act of sex
 is an act of rape".  I just don't buy the idea that taking copy pictures of
 a newspaper (to set up a convenient strawman) is an act of aggression.
 Aggression against whom?  The newspaper?  Myself?  So, if not every use of
 the camera is an act of agression, then the assertion above is false.

I'm not so sure.  My wife's flowers - even the big ones - cower when I
approach with my camera.  Maybe it's the Visoflex...

Joe Sobel