Subject: Re: [Leica] Elmar-M 50mm f/2.8
From: "Dan S" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 02:06:45 GMT

Build quality is superb, as it should be for the ridiculous price...

As for optical quality...It is a good lens, but has a different fingerprint
than the current Summicron.  It's rendition of texture and the finest detail
is not as precise.  This is not to say it is bad...It is certainly not.
Generally the Summicron is only slightly more expensive than the Elmar, but
if you like collapsable 50's this is the one to get.  (I really wish they
would make one in LTM so I could put it on my IIIG...)

Best Wishes
Dan States
Madison WI