Subject: Re: [Leica] A modest proposal. / poetry contest
From: "Birkey, Duane" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 21:29:45 -0500

It's just a camera....
I've often wondered if that is true...
just pieces of metal, cloth, plastic and glass.......

I remember going to a store and seeing one locked away in a case.
far out out of reach...
impossible for me to touch.

I remember when I'd see some stranger carrying one...
I'd look twice to see if it really was true...
I'd think about how lucky he must be to have one...

Just a few days ago...
someone stranger shouted out excitedly at me...
Is that a Leica I see???

Is it really just a camera....
just pieces of metal, cloth, plastic and glass???

Duane Birkey
HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador
Duane's Photographs of Ecuador