Subject: Re: [Leica] B+W Should Respond To This Message
From: apbbeijing <apbbeijing@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 11:30:39 +0800

on 28/9/00 12:56 AM, Mark Rabiner at mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com wrote:

> My filters were slimed too.
> I got last month some mc B+W filters from somebody and they took some real
> cleaning up and they still could be cleaner. B+W could be having some trouble
The packaging in which B+W filters are delivered outgasses or something: it
leaves a foggy residue on the filters. Most annoying. I bought a hugely
expensive warm tone Kaesemann Polariser but the case it comes in is unusable
for this reason as are the other cases (except for some really old ones I
have which seem okay). The residue it forms is immediately obvious on th
edarker filter such as polarisers but is also evident on other filters MC or
not. The filter also had a slight chip on the rear surface edge. This is as
it was delivered to me on a special order via the importer direct from the
factory...

I had waited for over three months for it or I would have asked for
another...

Rs

Adrian
- --