Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V18 #44
From: LRZeitlin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 23:14:53 EDT

In a message dated 9/27/00 7:04:04 AM,
owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us writes:

<< Generally the Summicron is only slightly more expensive than the Elmar,
but
if you like collapsable 50's this is the one to get.  (I really wish they
would make one in LTM so I could put it on my IIIG...)

Collapsible 50mm Summicrons were available for the LTM in the 50s and early
60s. I bought a new IIIF with a collapsible Summicron in 1954 for the
stratospheric price of $254. My very early M3, serial # 702xxx, also had a
collapsible Summicron but in a bayonet mount.

LarryZ