Subject: [Leica] Quick Load
From: "Bill Lawlor" <wvl@marinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 21:02:46 -0700

The kit with which I am familiar was sold by Leitz as #14260, called the
"Quick-loading Spool".  It consists of a spool with a large slot which
accepts the film leader, and a "spacer" which mounts to the basplate and
guides and holds the leader into and in the slot.  Like many of the more
uncommon items from Leitz, it works well enough after a bit of acclimation
or
practice.  This item is decidedly not a kit to modify the body by installing
an M4 take-up spool.

My M3 s/n 1,xxx,xxx has this kit. I thought it might have been original
eqipment on later M3's. I like it, however, you still have to remove the
spool to reset the counter.
Bill Lawlor