Subject: [Leica] Re: What travel lenses?
From: Bill Lawlor <wvl@marinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 12:04:58 -0700

What would you do? "Travel light" and just stick with the 35 and 90mm-lens,
or buy the 50mm Summicron additionaly? What is your experience? Would the
50mm 'cron be a wise completion or just another heavyweight to carry
around?
Bego

I have traveled with a 35 & 50 Summi and used the 35 most of the
time. I have also traveled with the 90/2.8 T-E only. After a day or
two I found myself "thinking and viewing 90mm". Now I often just head
out with the 50mm and my M3. Any of these is an excellent option,
IMO. The photos will come and you will adapt. Keep in mind that
according to the records of some photo contests, 90% of winning shots
are made with 50mm lenses. It worked for HCB.
BillLawlor

Replies: Reply from info@borderless-photos.com (Re: [Leica] Re: What travel lenses?)