Subject: RE: [Leica] leave it to them
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 10:02:41 -0700

>From: Krechtz@aol.com [mailto:Krechtz@aol.com]

>If you think it appropriate to deny the possibility of concensus among
>members, I will not quibble.

What?  No consensus among members?  I disagree!

And:
>... that her evident lack of interest and experience in
>photography tends to skew her perspective and vitiate her
>authoritativeness and authenticity as a commentator on
>the social and psychological dynamics of photography.

You must be one of the brainy ones Arthur was talking about :-)

Seriously though, the distinction between critic and philosopher is an
important one, especially in this instance.  SS is almost a metacritic - a
critic of _an_ art rather than a critic of examples of that art.

Paul

Replies: Reply from "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] leave it to them)