Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica R 2.8/24
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 16:20:41 -0700

>on 28/9/00 1:44 pm, Joachim Becker at
>
>> Are there any opinions about the R 2.8/24?
>>
>> Need your advice ....

I bought a 24/2.9 Elmarit and Leitz circular polarizer in 1976. I used it
extensively until last year (1999). I is a great performer and even though
being a Minolta lens, color balances exactly with all Leica R lenses. My
only complaint is that at f/16, diffraction seems to take over slightly
softening the image. But unless you are going to make 16x20's, you'll never
see it. It's close focusing ability is a great feature.

If I needed a 24mm R lens, I would buy another.

Jim