Subject: Re: [Leica] Still confused (was: 35, 90 and now 50mm?)
From: Steve Beyer <steve@beyerphoto.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 10:22:02 -0400

Hi Bego,
    I am afraid that it never gets any easier.... the desire for more
equipment to be ready for such and such situation seems to occupy more time
that I would like to admit. :-)  This really is a very personal decision
that should be based on what you want type of photography you like to do.
The Author's point is valid and probably right on for him.  Personally I
find the gap between 35 and 90 a bit large.  There are times when the 50
does prove to be the best choice. I also join the ranks of many past Leica
users and often carry only the 50 cron.  Its not really much bigger than the
35.  When you factor in the lens shade on the 35, I find the 50 more
convenient to carry through out my day....   On the Leica scale, this lens
is a bargain.  The added versatility is not that expensive.  I would
recommend that you go with your current kit.  While you are out, make it a
point to check the 50 frame lines and keep a mental count on how many times
you would take the time to switch lenses to get a great picture.  Ultimately
you will have to decide based on your photographic style.

Steve