Subject: Re: [Leica] Photokina info... Digital M... when????
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 18:25:14 +0200

Duane,

Don't hold your breath waiting on a digital M or R. Others who were at the
meeting may disagree, but I have the distinct impression that these two
flagship product lines will remain analogue for the foreseeable future.

Photokina, I received an assurance that R is not dead and that new lenses will
be forthcoming next year. No specifics asked or given.

Nathan

"Birkey, Duane" wrote:

> Did any of you who attended Photokina ask or hear Leica talk at all about a
> digital M series camera or when it might hit the market????
>
> Also... did they mention anything else that might be in development???   On
> or off the record....
>
> Duane Birkey
> HCJB World Radio
> Quito Ecuador