Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: What travel lenses?
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 15:44:13 -0400

on 29/9/00 3:04 pm, Bill Lawlor at wvl@marinternet.com wrote:

> What would you do? "Travel light" and just stick with the 35 and 90mm-lens,
> or buy the 50mm Summicron additionaly? What is your experience? Would the
> 50mm 'cron be a wise completion or just another heavyweight to carry
> around?

How many bodies are you carrying?

If 2:

I think the 50 is, pardon me, the spare prick at the wedding here. You end
up with a 35 and a 50 or a 90 and a 50 or a 35 and a 90. The only sensible
combination here is the last one, so the 50 is surplus to requirements. If
you had a 28 and a 90 I might sing a different tune.

- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: What travel lenses?)