Subject: Re: Vs: [Leica] Leica R death
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2000 22:39:26 +0200

Pascal,

That is not how I understood it, especially given their statement that new R
lenses would be coming out. It is pretty obvious that they are not happy with
the R8 from a financial standpoint, and they were fairly open about the fact
that they are looking at a new, smaller body.

Nathan

Pascal wrote:

> is that all they want, "recap the investment"?
>
> so it smells like phasing out anyhow, after they have been able to "recap
> their investment".

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland