Subject: Re: Vs: [Leica] Leica R death
From: telyt560@cswebmail.com
Date: 1 Oct 2000 14:25:17 -0700

On Sun, 01 October 2000, Dan Cardish wrote:

> Well,  maybe it's not possible, but I'd like an SLR that was similar enough
> to an M leica that I could go back and forth without much trouble; I could
> use the SLR when reflex viewing was advantageous, and likewise with the M.
> And I could use the Leica R glass.
>
> Actually, when I wrote the first post, I had forgotten the R6.2 until
> almost hitting the "send" button, and then added the "like the R6.1,
> but..." part.  Perhaps the R6.2 fits the bill.  Funny how it is rarely
> mentioned here on the LUG.
>
> dan c.

The reason we hardly ever read of the R6.x cameras is that they're simple, straightforward, and the RF never goes out of whack!  They take a licking an keep on clicking.  OTOH the R6.x cameras, like the R4, R5 and R7, are too small for my hands, and I'd prefer a viewfinder more like an SL/SL2 or R8 - and a continuously-variable shutter.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
Visit the Northwestern Alumni Association portal
page at http://www.nualumni.com  to get free
web-based e-mail and many other exciting features.