Subject: RE: [Leica] Color vs B&W Tally
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 16:56:00 -0700

One of the side benefits of getting into a digital darkroom is that it
forces you to address monitor calibration issues early on.  I bought a new
19 inch Viewsonic PF795, purchased OptiCal software and a colorimeter that
sticks onto the monitor glass with suction cups.  You hook up the gizmo, run
the program, and ten minutes later, presto!  A perfectly calibrated monitor.
It's the only calibration product I've ever bought that I'm completely happy
with.  Screen images have never looked this good.

Any photo editor that is running an uncalibrated monitor isn't worthy of
buying your photos in the first place!

Paul