Subject: [Leica] Re: How can I avoid permanent viewfinder fogging?
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 02:31:24 -0400

- --Bn2rw/3z4jIqBvZU

2000-10-01-17:48:21 Ted Grant:
> There are some of us on the LUG who've never had a fogged viewfinder in
> 15 years of hard use as photojournalists under the most horrible
> weather/fire. sand storms/ you name conditions and the viewfinder is fine.

One of mine got fogged up, but that's because I was obsessively and
excessively blowing dust off (and, it turns out, in) it with one of
those Dust Off(r)-type blower thingies -- you know, the ones which
will actually lay a haze on glass surfaces if you spray too close or
hard?  I managed to lay a haze on the inside surface of the front
viewfinder glass.  This was a few years ago; I got Sherry to scrub it
out when the camera went in to get something else fixed.  To
paraphrase the old catch-phrase, if it hurts when you do that -- don't
do that!  I've quit doing that.

Granted, I haven't been spending that much time photographing in
places where my camera or lungs would get too badly coated, but
nothing of the sort has been a problem for me in normal use.

- --Bn2rw/3z4jIqBvZU

- --Bn2rw/3z4jIqBvZU--

Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] How can I avoid permanent viewfinder fogging?)