Subject: [Leica] Re: Color vs B&W
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 02:05:51 -0400

2000-10-01-16:30:10 Tina Manley:
> Probably 85% of the
> stock that I sell is color so it would be nice to find a film that I could
> use for both!  Let me know if you have any suggestions.

I've long been addicted to Fuji Reala, but it offers no speed
advantage over Astia (and Astia is indeed magical with people's
skin).

I'm still feeling my way around with the new Kodak Supra color-neg
emulsions, but some of the results I've gotten with the 400 and the
800 have been pretty improbably good.  The 800, in particular, may be
poised to unseat NHG II in my affections for when I need 800-and-above
color-neg speeds (the jury's still out, but the stuff seems improbably
fine-grained with pleasing color), and aside from an occasional
tendency to look oddly blue (which I don't know whether to attribute
to the film itself or the lab's not yet being used to printing the
stuff; yes; I admit it, I'm a lazy sod who doesn't do his own darkroom
work) the 400 has produced some impressive images.

YMMV, of course, but I'd suggest you try a few rolls of each and see
how they looks to you.  Pretty promising stuff.

 --
 - Jeff M.
 --

Message from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] Color vs B&W)