Subject: Re: Vs: [Leica] Leica R death
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 09:26:52 -0400

>Oh yeah, *that* sounds like a good idea: Take a perfectly usable
camera, and
>cripple it.

>that has been done before: the RE vs R5... ;-)

On that subject, what are the specifications of the RE and R5? I ran
searches and couldn't find any mention anywhere.

About a hypothetical smaller body. I just hope that Leica concentrates
from now on on giving their R cameras Sl or R8 quality viewfinders. It
seems to me that if you are going to stick with MF, a really good finder
should be a top priority and certainly a selling point.

Simon Stevens