Subject: Re: Vs: [Leica] Leica R death
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 09:08:05 -0500

cyberdog@attglobal.net (Pascal)10/2/008:48 AM

> maybe not bad for some people, but the R8 is not too big or too
heavy
> IMHO. It balances well with the (heavy) R glass.

IMHO - The R8 is the most comfortable, well balanced SLR I have
ever owned - including: Leica R3, Alpa, Olympus, Pentax, Nikon F
through N90s, Cannon,

Like the M cameras the R8 feels and operates like a synergistic
extension of my hand. Everything is exactly where it should be.
The ability to read strobes in F mode is a dream come true. The M
mode is wonderful use when carrying both M6 and R8. If you use
and R8 I can't imagine that you would not fall in love within
days. When I had R3's I could not bring my self to dump the Nikon
stuff. When I got the R8 - I had no problem dumping the Nikons
because they never came out of the bag.

George

Replies: Reply from "Wilber Jeffcoat" <wilber@jeffcoatphotography.com> (Re: Vs: [Leica] Leica R death)