Subject: [Leica] Re: Taking a Summarit apart
From: Cummer Family <cummer@asiaonline.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 07:28:22 +0800

>george kase wrote:
>>
>> Can anyone assist me in figuring out how to
>> completely disassemble my LTM Summarit lens?
>> I can't figure out how to get the rear elements apart.
>> there doesn't appear to be any slots to unscrew, etc.
>> any guidance would be appreciated. If you wish to reply
>> off list please contact me at gkase1@yahoo.com<<<<<<<<<

George, I bought a Summarit LTM from Camera Exchange in Minneapolis a
couple of years ago and had it with me when I passed through Vancouver that
summer. Tom A offered the services of a friend to clean it but the friend
couldn't get the lens apart. I carried it back to Hong Kong and Joseph
Yao's repair person (former Leica repairman) had the *tool* necessary to
take the lens apart and cleaned it. So, from my experience you need a
specialized tool to dismantle the lens - which incidentally is now at John
Van Stelton's getting the front element repolished and recoated. I love the
lens for the 1940's style glamour shots I can take with it wide open.
Veronica Lake where are you now?
Cheers
Howard