Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica dealers and other toy stores in Toronto
From: "Lee, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Lee@hrcc.on.ca>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 09:23:48 -0400

Peter,

THE Leica dealer in Toronto, in my estimation, is Alt Camera downtown at
Queen and Church.  It is a gray market dealer, so no passport.  However,
prices are really good and the used selection is decent.  John DiMelo is a
great guy there. Last time I was there (spring 2000) a 21 ASPH was going for
$2400 cdn, thats about $1600 USD.  You'll get nabbed with a 15% tax though.
Downtown Camera (right next to Alt) someimes has used Leica stuff as does
Henry's, also in the Queen and Chrurch area. Henry's is a big photostore for
the P&S/video camera crowd but has a good selection of used Nikon F2,F3
stuff. Vistek, much further west on Queen street is an authorized dealer,
they have some used stuff but prices are exhorbitant.  Vistke has knowlegebl
guys on digital and view camera stuff.  You can oggle an M6 Ein Struck there
if that is your fancy.

If you go to Alt, Sushiman (Richmond and Victoria) is two blocks away and
has good raw fish eats and heavenly tempura.  Growlers/Denisons (Victoria
and Adelaide) is an excellent brewpub/oyster bar as well.

Alt does not have a website but Vistek is vistek.net

Have fun.
Jonathan Lee