Subject: [Leica] What comes of a modest proposal
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 20:37:42 -0600

Our judge reports that while she was frequently tickled and occasionally
moved throughout the competition, she has, at long last, and in a moment of
giddiness, chosen John Brownlow's extremely silly offering for the ultimate
honour.  Honourable mention goes to Emanuel Lowi, Mike Quinn, Dan Post and
Jim Gumm, and great credit to all who sent their gems.

The winning entry:

The noted Roy E Stryker
Was fathered by a biker
(A energetic hiker
Who played the balalaika).
Now Stryker (that's the Stryker
who played the balalaika,
for Stryker's pa and Stryker
Why, they could not be aliker!)
earned money mining mica.
The dough was good, so Stryker
(who once carved all of Micah
into his wife's Formica)
Wrote off in ten-point Pica
To Solms.  And thus did Stryker
(that's Stryker son of Stryker
pica typer, mica spiker
balalaika-striker, hiker,
biker, carver of formaica)
Become a Leica liker.

- --
Johnny Deadman

If Mr. Brownlow would kindly forward me his address, we will send off the
magnificent prize, a Hanza Self Timer, forthwith.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] What comes of a modest proposal)