Subject: [Leica] GR1
From: "Bill Lawlor" <wvl@marinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 19:56:29 -0700

Recently, heard and read some feedback about the Ricoh GR-1s. Most of them
have very good comments about this camera and the performance of this 28mm
f2.8 lens. However, minority sad the pictures were not that impressive for
compact camera at that price tag !

I am now eyeing on it to the next compact camera in my bag besides the
leica
M6.

Please send me comments about this camera and the performance of the lense.
Thanks...

Singapore Lugger,
Dennis Thong.

Dennis, I found it to be a superb camera and lens. Almost indistinguishable
lens quality from the Leica Summicrons I have. I make 16X20 b&w and color
from my GR1 negs.

BTW, in March '99 I could only find a single GR1 at Mustapha's in Indiatown.
No other store in SG had one. I ended up getting mine in Penang where it was
the last one. Are they available now in SG?

Bill Lawlor