Subject: Re: [Leica] Kenya and long lens
From: "Logan Reinwood" <reinwood007@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 12:15:32 GMT

Hi Tina,

I was in South Africa this summer and I spent quiet some time for wildlife
photography. I had my EOS + 300 f2.8 USM + 1.4x + 2x and my
M6 + 135 f4 (+ shorter focal lenses).
Most of the wildlife pic. you can make are taken from the car or from a
safari Jeep and it ends up that the 300mm (+ extenders) was the right focal
to have for most pic. The 135 was a nice add for "closer"
animals (giraff, zebra, kudu, etc.)

As wildlife is not your first goal, probably that a 400mm is
perfect (however perhaps a bit too long)

It was a lot of fun to shoot that kind of animals...

Xavier.