Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: R8 replacement - Leica going digital
From: "Jem Kime" <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 11:55:54 +0100

Pascal,
Having written the report, I felt I placed as much emphasis as seemed fair
on Leica's statements about digital development.
1    They've created the S1 and learnt some lessons, i.e. don't provide what
the market doesn't need or want
2    Technology changes quickly and they're aware the future is going to be
largely digital.
3    They were reassured that the LUG profile welcomed the concept of a
digital M-camera.

I admit they didn't develop the last statement to include the R series but I
certainly didn't get the impression that they were ignoring it, merely that
their efforts had been concentrated elsewhere of late.

Jem