Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M3 DS Lug Wear
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 09:35:54 -0400

Fretteth not!
What Leica giveth,
Time and use will eventually taketh away!
I am to the point now where a dink here, a flash of brass there is of no
consequence- unless you are a...ugh! COLLECTOR!, but if you have strapped
you M3 on, then you are a shootist, so why worry! :o)
Worry about the rise of the dreaded CCD Leica with 64 squillion ( That's a
lot- not as many as a googleplex, but plenty!) pixels that'll sell for 1,000
dollars!
By the time your M3 lugs wear out, both you and I will be at the Happy Hill
Retirement Home for fade photographers!
Dan ( The lugs on my 1939 IIIa were brass, but had another 120 years or so
to go!) Post