Subject: [Leica] WAS: What, me worry? NOW: forget it!
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2000 07:16:32 -0700

Hi Robert,

I agree with you absolutely on this money thing. Hell if money didn't matter and
we relate to our own meager economic levels, if we didn't have "money" we
wouldn't own a Leica!  And man you can't get any more down to our levels than
that.

Sure Bill Gates could buy a thousand Leica's without blinking an eye and how
many here on the LUG can even comprehend doing that? Hell most of us can't
comprehend running out and buying a lens on a whim just because we want it!  So
don't tell me money isn't everything!

And  as Robert Appleby said, >>>>>"In the "real" world, money _is_
everything."<<<<<  And it sure as hell does mean everything!

Obviously there isn't any point getting into a big tizzy over this topic, as I
still don't understand what Bill Gates, his massive fortune, the LUG and picture
taking have in common with us in the first place. Some of you folks get off on
these esoteric tangents that become terrible wastes of  time, mine if  I'm
stupid enough to read it, even stupider for responding this one time! Next time?
It's the delete button and me out the door looking for fine fall images.

And in the real world there isn't any question that "Money is everything!"  It's
every damn thing you do, on this net, purchasing the computer, the Leica, lenses
and heck even the film. So you folks who truly believe  "Money isn't everything"
please go back to the times of rocks, clubs and swinging from the trees! " As
your absolutely wrong to say it doesn't count!

And the age old adage that,   " Money isn't everything" is bull shit, (pardon me
ladies}as it's everything! Yeah I know, here's another one....  I've heard a
million times  " it wont buy you happiness"  is also the same BS espoused by
those who can't rub two sticks together to start a fire. But in reality, if they
told the truth they'd be as happy as clams in a stew and love to have the money
for matches or a lighter!!

And your trying to tell me, ":money isn't everything?"  Get a real time life for
this day and age!  Now it's picture taking time!

ted