Subject: Re: [Leica] This tripod nonsense again
From: "Alan Hull" <hull@telia.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 11:10:36 +0200

Many guns are mounted on tripods.  Both stationary and mobil.  From the
trenches of Flanders to the helicopter gunships in Vietnam.  The
infamous infantry Bren gun for instance could only be used with a
bipod.  Believe me they were all used on moving targets.  On one day,
40 thousand troops died before tripod mounted guns.  Disgusting but
true.

Alan