Subject: Re: [Leica] Metz 40 MZ3i out of production, was: New Metz mecablitz 54 MZ-3
From: "Wilber Jeffcoat" <wilber@jeffcoatphotography.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 12:09:09 -0400

Well lets look at the truth about the MZ40-3i. Although a good flash I think
the style was out dated (All the major players are making the cobra style
light). No provision for externally connected sync cords (with out jumping
through a lot of hoops) and if you used it flat on the "R" cameras the
effect was not good (too flat a lighting). Now they (Metz) have come out
with a Cobra style light (I think it is the 54 or something to that effect)
with infrared auto focus aid and more power. Don't get me wrong I've used
Metz lights for over 20 years and will be buying a new 60-CT1 or 4 this
week. I just think that Metz is improving its product offering with the
newer cobra style.  If you want catch lights with bounce use a small card
behind the head (we call it  a nuns cap) and you get the same effect with
out overdoing it.
Cheers Wilber