Subject: Re: [Leica] 90 f/2 or 75 f/1.4
From: George Hartzell <hartzell@cs.berkeley.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 16:44:51 -0700 (PDT)

..RODGERS, RICK writes:
 > [...] I
 > used a friends m6ttl and 75 1.4 for a week comparing it to my f100 and 85
 > 1.4 [...]  My first roll on the leica was better than
 > my 200th+ roll on the nikon. [...]

First a useful comment: I have the 75/1.4 and _love_ it.  I suspect
that you'll hear this a lot....

Second, a question: I'd love to hear a description of how the results
you got with your nikon differed from the leica?  Were they
rangefinder vs. SLR things (small, quiet, subtle vs. big, clunky,
intrusive) or metering/exposure things, or lens specific stuff?

I have a fuzzy memory that there are folks on the LUG (B.D.?) who
think that the [or some version of the] Nikon 85/1.4 is a wonderful
lens with many similarities to the Leica 75/1.4.  I'm curious how your
results differed.

And yes, I do complement my M6 with a Nikon N90s and manage to find
interesting uses for both.

g.