Subject: [Leica] Re: Kalifornika
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 14:18:58 -0700

>From: "Walter S Delesandri" <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
>> All the more reasons to hate Kalifornica.....as if I needed one.... :) :)
>:)
>> WAlt

Yeah. I know Walt. We have this ugly coastline, Big Sur, Pt. Lobos,
Mendecino, Eureka. Damn redwood forests everywhere. And that bridge. Who in
hell would call a red bridge the Golden Gate Bridge. And that big pile of
granite called Yosemite. Great for kitchen counters though. And a lake so
deep and blue that you can't even see the bottom. Lake Tahoe or sumpthin
like that. Even stupid mountains like Mt. Lassen or Mt. Shasta, or hell,
that big range you have to get up one side before you can get down the
other. The Sierra I think. You know, where they have stupid things like
mountain climbing, rock climbing, skiing, all that alpine stuff. I don't
think photographers like this place very much. No one famous ever
photographed and lived here. I think they all like that there place where
you can see a thousand miles without any bumpy ground in the way. And hot
enough soz you can cook right on the sidewalk without a stove, and them big
whirly winds that mix everything up every year or so soz folks can get a
fresh start, with someone else's stuff that just seems to land there. Also,
walkin around in the summer, if you carry soap, you can wash your clothes
and take a shower without taking your clothes off. That humidity stuff is
real neat. A bit messy though. Hard to get them yellow arm pits white
again. And the sweet smell of fresh made fertilizer everywhere. Except in
that there place called Fort Worthless. What a funny name. Speaking of
names, they call it the Lone Star State. That would be "one" lonely star. A
one star restaurant is a greasy spoon and a one star hotel is a flop house.
What is a one star state?

Yours truly,

Jim from Kalifornika

Replies: Reply from "Mark Rutledge" <markrut@ticnet.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Kalifornika)