Subject: [Leica] Re: 400 and 560/6.8 Grip
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 07:19:23 -0700

On 15 Oct 2000, Jem Kime wrote, at least in part:

> Tina,
> I suspect some of the 'collector's' books would assuage your
> desire for PLOOMs and NOOKY... The 'Leica Accessory Guide' from
> Hove Foto Books, ISBN 0 906447 28 3, is a compact reference,
> though not exhaustive. Greater size, weight, detail, expenditure
> comes in the form of 'Leica Collectors Guide' by Dennis Laney,
> from Hove Collectors Books, ISBN 1-874707-00-6. regards, Jem

Only reference that I have, Tina, is Gianni Rogliatti's _Leica, The
First 70 Years_. Its Appendix 1 is 38 pages long and has them
listed alphabetically and a very brief sentence noting what they
were.

Interestingly, it doesn't list PLOOM. The appendix claims to be
complete, as far as it was possible to ascertain, until 1960 when
this system was dropped in favor of a numerical system.

Rogliatti's book is fine for me who doesn't care to get as deep
into Leica lore as many Leicaphiles. An accurate (I think), but
brief handling of much of Leica's history.

- --
Roger, List-Owner
The LEG (Leica Enthusiasts Mailing List)
http://www.topica.com/lists/leica