Subject: Re: [Leica] FOM 2 phase 2
From: "Ken Iisaka" <ken@iisaka.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 09:52:28 -0700

> So phase 2. I would like to call for volunteers for 2 types of job.
>
> 1. I'm looking for multilingual talent, to translate the aims and
conditions
> of our project into other languages, so that I can put this information up
> on the site. I have a good friend NK who I'm sure I can talk into doing
> Japanese, and hosting the Japanese text on his site (as mine does not host
> this option) Chinese will undoubtedly have the same problems -- any
takers.
> Stan will be "forced" into doing Polish, but we need the "gamut" of other
> languages. I am hoping to make a list of these talented LUGGERS, so that
> people can contact them via e-Mail from the web site, for help in joining
> the LUG or submitting images.

No need to host pages in other languages in other sites.  The server doesn't
care what language is contained in the files (English, Japanese, polite,
profane...)  If you're using some tools to create the pages, you can give an
English page to a translator, and translate just the text.  Put the
translated file in the server, and voila, you have a multilingual site.

Replies: Reply from "Tim Spragens" <info@borderless-photos.com> (Re: [Leica] FOM 2 phase 2)