Subject: RE: [Leica] modest proposal awards speech + mugshot + voigtlander 25mm comments
From: Frank Dernie <FDernie@lolacars.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 18:44:06 +0100

> Johnny Deadman  wrote

	snip
>  the 25mm f/4 Snapshot Skopar which is truly a fine little lens.
>
> Second, and maybe this is just me, the viewfinder isn't accurate. I'm
> cutting off a lot of the top of the frame, even when I have taken great
> care
> to include it. Any solutions to this much appreciated.
	snip

	Hi Johnny
	I think the cutting off the top of the frame is a closeup parallax
thing. The one shortcoming of the Voightlander viewfinders is no parallax
marks. Closeup the coverage of the viewfinder gets more and more marginal
and the top few percent of the image seen in the viewfinder won't be in the
pic. Small price to pay for the quality and cheapness of non reflex super
wides IMHO.
	cheers after weeks off the LUG
	Frank