Subject: [Leica] Und so weiter
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 10:33:05 -0500

> (I am old enough to recall HP-3!)  Kodak has been
> most anxious to dump all fibre-based papers, and Ilford has kept producing
> them.  Und so weiter.

Sadly too true. The reality is probably that bean-counters infest all
companies these days, and long-established, well-beloved products are
vulnerable to their sales figures. I *do* think Ilford has a proclivity to
replace or substantially modify many of their main products after a run of a
decade or so, or at any rate it has done so several times to my annoyance.
How long was the original Delta 400 on the market, anyone remember? I
beta-tested some prior to 1992, but I don't recall exactly when.

- --Mike

Replies: Reply from chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson) (Re: [Leica] Und so weiter)
Reply from Dante A Stella <dante@umich.edu> (Re: [Leica] Und so weiter)
Reply from "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com> (Re: [Leica] Und so weiter)