Subject: RE: [Leica] Und so weiter
From: Tom Finnegan <TomF@piengr.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 09:00:44 -0700

> (I am old enough to recall HP-3!)  Kodak has been
> most anxious to dump all fibre-based papers, and Ilford has kept producing
> them.  Und so weiter.

Sadly too true. The reality is probably that bean-counters infest all
companies these days, and long-established, well-beloved products are
vulnerable to their sales figures. I *do* think Ilford has a proclivity to
replace or substantially modify many of their main products after a run of a
decade or so, or at any rate it has done so several times to my annoyance.
How long was the original Delta 400 on the market, anyone remember? I
beta-tested some prior to 1992, but I don't recall exactly when.

- --Mike

I have heard rumors that Ilford is discontinuing PanF+, for the same reasons
that Agfa discontinued AgfaPan25, lack of sales. Does anyone know if the
rumour has any merit to it? It wouldn't surprise me since Delta 100 seems to
be very popular, and I'm sure has taken away alot of PanF+ sales. Still, the
two have different looks and I was growing quite fond of Panf+ for certain
things. Maybe I should buy a few bulk rolls now.

Tom Finnegan
Seattle

Replies: Reply from Jean Marc Becker <jean-marc.becker@wanadoo.fr> (Re: [Leica] Und so weiter)